In March 2010, Nic and Stef bought some land in Pemberton. And in October 2011 they found they were expecting a baby. Now they just have to build a house... and a home!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh no!

Disaster. The peg marking the corner of the lot has, finally, been found – and it's metres further right than it should be, or at least from where we assumed it would be. Result? Nowhere to put a driveway. Massive blasting costs to bash our way through onto the lot. A sunken garage, with only a two story house on top. Two stories means a larger footprint. A larger footprint means no garden. And no benefit to the view, with houses surrounding us at 3 stories high. My god. The disappointment is palpable. Literally. I taste battery acid. For some reason the worst part is having to revoke my facebook status, tell my parents and people we love that it fell through. The disappointment is hideous. Of course I know they’re disappointed FOR us, not IN us, but it’s still bad. Must be my British upbringing – makes me feel responsible for everything, and a need to apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment